Breaking Fire News Around the Country

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Salisbury 4th Alarm Commercial Structure Fire

Around 1200 hrs on Monday January 6th Western Salisbury Fire Department along with mutual aid companies were dispatched to a reported structure fire at the Jiffy Lube on Lehigh Street. Crews arrive on location with heavy smoke showing from the roof and fire running the roof. Crews put lines in service and attempt to attack the fire from the interior, crews go to the roof and open up. The wind swept fire consumes the entire roof of the structure forcing the evacuation of all firefighters. Two towers and a ladder pipe are put into service as the roof collapses into the building, crews finally get an upper hand and have the fire under control in about an hour. No injuries were reported and the investigation is underway, initial reports were the fire may have started in a propane heating system on the roof of the structure...

No comments:

Post a Comment